UPDATE (11/05/2018): Thanks so much to all the awesome participants! We had a blast with you at Plarn Lab.
Here’s articles and resources collecting everything we learned during our plarn R&D, including tutorials and files for making your own tools.
- Getting Started with Plarn in Textiles
- Making the Tablet Loom
- Making the Box Loom
- Making a Spindle, Cord Templates, and More
- Education Resources PlarnLabEdResources (PDF Download)
- Plarn Inspiration Projects PlarnExamples (PDF Download)
- Download Laser-Cut Files for the Tablet Loom, Box Loom, Spindle/Cord-Maker Sets -OR-
- Download the PDF Templates for hand cutting the Tablet Loom (TabletLoomHandCutTemplate) or Box Loom (BoxLoomHandCutTemplates)
The event is now full, and the waitlist is closed. For folks who still want to get involved with plarning and can’t make the lab on Oct 14, check back here. We’ll be posting a series of DIY articles so you can make your own trash looms and textile tools to plarn along.
We’re doing this event as a part of Portland Textile Month. Check out the many other cool textile events at the Textile Month website.
Huge thanks to our sponsors for helping us bring this Citizen Design Event to life!